Asthma Treatment Market is Estimated to Expand at a Robust CAGR by 2027April 9, 2021
Transparency Market Research (TMR) has published a new report on the asthma treatment market for the forecast period of 2019–2027. According to the report, the global asthma treatment market was valued at ~US$ 25 Bn in 2018, and is projected to expand at a CAGR of ~2% from 2019 to 2027.
- Asthma treatment involves two main types of medications: long-term asthma control medications and quick-relief (rescue) medications.
- Asthma can usually be managed with rescue inhalers (salbutamol) to treat its symptoms and controller inhalers (steroids) that prevent its symptoms. However, severe asthma cases require long-acting inhalers that keep the airways open (formoterol, salmeterol, tiotropium), as well as inhalant steroids.
- Growth of the global asthma treatment market can be attributed to the increase in the number of asthma patients across the globe.
- North America dominated the global asthma treatment market in 2018, and the trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. Increase in the adoption of combination therapy, presence of major companies operating in the asthma treatment market in the region, and the introduction of new drugs such as combination therapy and increase in use of these drugs in the near future are factors that are likely to drive the asthma treatment market in North America.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be a highly lucrative market for asthma treatment.
Request a Sample of Asthma Treatment Market Report –
Increase in Prevalence of Asthma and Rise in Awareness to Drive Market
- Increase in the prevalence of asthma across the global is a major factor fueling the growth of the global asthma treatment market. The disease is increasingly affecting adults as well as the pediatric population due to genetics or environmental factors, including microbial exposure, exposure to passive smoking, and air pollution, thereby propelling the need for asthma treatment.
- According to the World Health Organization, currently, 235 million people around the world are suffering from asthma, and 338,000 deaths due to asthma were reported in 2015.
- As per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) analysis data, asthma prevalence was 7.8% in 2015, which increased to 7.9% in 2017, in North America alone.
- Asthma is one of the common lifelong chronic diseases. However, currently, people are increasingly becoming aware about asthma and its treatment, thus propelling the growth of the asthma treatment market.
- World Asthma Day is an annual event organized by the Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA) to improve asthma awareness and care around the world. The month of May is considered as the National Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month, to educate people and raise awareness.
Request for a Discount on Asthma Treatment Market Report -.
Long-term Asthma Control Medications to Dominate Asthma Treatment Market
- The long-term asthma control medications segment dominated the global asthma treatment market in 2018, and the trend is likely to continue during the forecast period, owing to continuous innovation in long-term therapy such as combination therapy, to provide comfort to patients and prevent symptoms.
Inhaled Route of Administration to be Promising
- The inhaled segment dominated the global asthma treatment market in 2018. It is the most lucrative route of administration segment of the global asthma treatment market.
- Growth of the inhaled segment can be attributed to inhaled drug therapy for asthma treatment. This is a preferred route of administration of medicine, as it is absorbed directly by the epithelium of the lungs.
Retail Pharmacies Accounted for Major Share of Asthma Treatment Market
- The retail pharmacies segment dominated the global asthma treatment market, in terms of revenue, in 2018, and the trend is projected to continue during the forecast period. Increase in the number of asthma therapeutics being distributed through retail pharmacies and rise in the number of retail pharmacies in developing countries make these pharmacies a major channel of distribution.
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through adhoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]