Vehicle Access Control Market Analysis of Key Players: FEIG Electronic, Nortec Access Control LtdFebruary 24, 2021
Global Vehicle Access Control: Introduction
- Vehicle access control is a system that permits the entry of the vehicle in a premises, based on entry requirement such as time, day, and employment. Vehicle access control eliminates the need for human intervention to check the vehicle and enables automatic access to the vehicle
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Vehicle Access Control Market
- The vehicle access control system saves significant operating expenses of a company, as it eliminates the man-hours consumed for security and frees the resource for other tasks. Vehicle access control is a robust and effective technique to control the entry of vehicles depending on the day of the week, time, and credentials; hence, it is expected to witness significant demand during the forecast period.
- Rise in number of vehicles and traffic has necessitate the use of an automatic system to detect and evaluate a vehicle rapidly, which is anticipated to drive the vehicle access control market. Government and security agencies can put the vehicle identification/ registration number of the theft vehicles and unauthorized vehicle and they can be easily traced when they pass through a vehicle access control tollway or other similar controlled area.
- Rising demand for premises security among consumers is driving the vehicle access control market. Increased threat of security breach, theft, and crimes further boost the global vehicle access control market.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Vehicle Access Control Market, ask for a customized report
Microwave & Ultra high frequency (UHF) technology segments of vehicle access control market to expand significantly
- Both microwave and UHF technology permits remote vehicle access. UHF & microwave readers are pasted on the vehicle windshield, which is identified by the outboard system in the premises on access control. UHF readers have a range of around 5 meters. Microwave technology supports a range of around 20 meters and hence, is more cost-effective for tollways and other areas that witness longer lines and higher volume of traffic.
- The microwave technology also supports driver recognition in addition to vehicle recognition, which is difficult to achieve with other technologies. Microwave technology is expensive; however, the several added benefits it offers is anticipated to boost its demand during the forecast period.
- Microwave technology is effective and standard in hazardous environments such as gas plants and oil refineries, which require ATEX certification for installation. Microwave is a globally harmonized frequency, as compared to the UHF that suffers regulatory drawbacks in several areas as UHF frequency interferes with the radio frequency used by local systems or the military.
Commercial building segment to expand considerably
- Use of vehicle access control system in commercial areas such as corporate buildings, malls, and public parking areas has increased. It is easier and convenient for corporate offices to maintain a database of employees and authorize the entry of their registered vehicles by time and day of the week. Consequently, the commercial building segment is anticipated to expand and hold a leading share of the market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to lead global vehicle access control market
- In terms of region, the global vehicle access control market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America & Europe, together, are expected to hold a leading share of the global vehicle access control system market, as these technologies are first adopted in developed economies and gradually increase penetration in developing ones. The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand considerably due to development in infrastructure and a rise in commercial offices and buildings in the region.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global vehicle access control market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- ELA Innovation S.A.
- Axis Communications AB
- FEIG Electronic
- Nortec Access Control Ltd
- By Techdesign, S.L.
Global Vehicle Access Control Market, by Technology Type
- Proxy Reader
- Ultra-High Frequency (UHF)
- Automated Number Plate Recognition (ANPR)