Tea Processing Machines Market Overview and Scope 2027February 24, 2021
Tea Processing Machines – A Study on Machines Used to Process Tea
- Tea is the second largest beverage consumed globally after water. The method and type of tea consumption varies across regions.
- Non-fermented, semi – fermented, fermented, and water soluble tea are the four major types of tea. The manufacturing process of each of these tea types differs based on chemical, physical, and thermodynamic conditions.
- Tea processing involves various stages such as weathering, rolling, drying, sorting, and fermentation.
- Continued growth in tea consumption, particularly in Asian and Middle Eastern regions is likely to significantly drive the production demand, subsequently influencing growth of the tea processing machine market
- Some of the commonly used tea processing machines include sorting machine, orthodox machine, fiber extractor, CTC tea processing machine, dryer, and roller.
Automation of tea processing machines to drive the global tea processing machine market
- Myriad variations of teas are available in the market, and tea brands globally are evolving further in terms of introducing innovative flavors. This in turn has become challenging for manufacturers to produce different varieties of teas.
- Manufacturers can easily produce a variety of teas on a large scale with the introduction of automation in tea processing machines, without hampering their quality and at the same time reducing the operation cost by lower labor involvement.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Tea Processing Machine Market, ask for a customized report
Growth of small scale tea processing plants to offer significant growth opportunities
- Various small scale tea manufacturers across the globe are sourcing tea processing machines that are more efficient and enable them to scale up their production capabilities
- Emergence of novel and technologically advanced tea processing machines is expected to generate growth opportunity in the coming years
Limited tea producing regions to restrict market growth
- Limited tea producing estates are found across the globe, and the tea market is also relatively consolidated with fewer brands leading the market
- With such limited scope, tea processing machine manufacturers face challenges in terms of geographic expansion, and higher bargaining power of buyers.
- This further impacts the growth of the market as price competition is higher
Asia Pacific to hold leading share of the global tea processing machine market
- In terms of geography, the global tea processing machine market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Country and sub-region level analysis of North America region features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the tea processing machine market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the market analysis and forecast of GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The tea processing machine market in South America is segmented into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2018 owing to presence of majority of tea producing as well as consuming markets. China, Japan, India, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Sri Lanka are major markets, besides Middle East & Africa which is also a prominent tea producing region with prominent markets including Turkey, Iran, and Kenya.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace, followed by Middle East & Africa and Europe during the forecast period